Friday 1 July 2011

Kurt Busch Is Getting A Divorce / Fights Back At The Press

YouTube Preview Image

Kurt Busch today laid most of the rumors to rest about his marriage to Eva Bryan being over. Apparently earlier this week someone in the media wrote a story about the fact that so far this season Kurt has not shown up at a Nascar venue with Eva in tow nor has he been wearing his wedding ring. Frankly I have not been following this story, as I really don’t care for the gossip side of Nascar when family members are involved. To me this is just another situation where some media person had nothing better to do with their time and felt they needed to dig into a driver’s personal life just to justify their own existence. I have dug a bit looking for who it was that broke the story but as of the time that I am writing this I am unsuccessful in that endeavor. I have looked through most of the top writers in this sport as far as on-line writers go and have found no evidence that it was any of them. I have a feeling that it was someone in the oldie print media that wrote the piece. Apparently it was not a piece that anyone wants to give credit to because all the stories that I have read didn’t name the guilty writer by name nor mention the media outlet that published it. Are we really that bored that we need to question drivers on their personal family lives?

            As far back as Pocono Kurt Busch has been seen at the track with another blonde, Patricia Driscoll, who is the President and executive director of The Armed Forces Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing solace to members of the Armed Forces. I’m not sure where Kurt met her but he was seen receiving a kiss and a hug from her when he climbed out of the car after winning at Sonoma. This is where the story got legs.     

    Bob Pockrass of Scenedaily.com asked this morning in his national press conference from Daytona Kurt Busch about the story. Kurt had a prepared statement ready to fire back. I don’t think that is was Pockrass, I have looked at all of his stories this week and could not find anything about it in any of them. Kurt did sort of mention that he has had a problem with a media person in the video but for the life of me I can’t find any info on who it is. I thought about asking Claire B. Lange on Sirius Nascar Radio but media members are not fond of throwing each other under the bus and Claire is one of the last persons you would expect to do that. Maybe I’ll call Dave Moody tomorrow and ask him? He has thrown a few well deserving media types under the bus in the past maybe he will spill the beans on who this person is. I could have missed the story about this person cpmpletely because as of late I have not been listening to Sirius Nascar Radio as much as I have in the past.

          There are days where I just can not stomach to sit and listen to the callers who just ramble on and on about nothing. I undrestand some of you are lonely and have no one to talk to but can you give the rest of us a break and just listen? God love them but some of the people that call that channel are just plain,,, well,,, you know. Not that bright? I can’t listen to the mid day show at all and haven’t for months now. Its the hosts that I can’t stand on that one. I won’t get into that right now, thats been addressed by me before.

         As far as Kurts on track performance goes?  I would say that his personal life is effecting his on track performance but in a good way. He has a one fresh win, four top fives and nine top tens this season so far and is sitting in fourth place in the points. It seems to me that the possibility that he is in love again has sparked his driving career into overdrive. I say leave him the hell alone!

Stay safe

TW

If you liked that post, then try these...

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment